Monday 9 January 2012

Film Openings



Whilst watching various film openings, I came across this one which caught my eye. It did not seem the 'typical' film opening or what you would expect the film to be like, nevertheless it was still intriguing. The close up shot of the man in the water, followed by the title being smothered in smoke set the genre for me as being spooky yet very mysterious. However, whilst watching this I realised that the whole 2 minutes of the opening were set in black & white and it was also all slow motion, this makes me question whether the whole film will be like this or not and if so, I feel, narrows it down to a specific audience which could not benefit the film. The title of the film reflects what happens, you can see this in the high angle shot of the man and woman swimming to rescue as the men throw rope down to help them, which "The Fall" relates with, which is them falling in the water. It would be interesting to see what the rest of the film turns out to be like..

No comments:

Post a Comment